Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Guerilla Artist

 
This has got to be the collest quote ever!  I love the idea of making art more than just some lines on paper; allowing it to leap off the pages and become tangible. "Paint the very atmosphere", that sounds so noble! Art is something that not every feels they can relate to, so it's something special when you take it out into the world and show them that art is so much more than they think. Art is exciting, inviting, and captivating! It reahes into your very core and relates to you in a way that nothing else can. Art is all interpretation, and though it helps to find out what the artist's take on it was, the true function of art is to reach you where you are.
If art is meant to reach you where you are, why not take it to where the people are?? I recently found this book called, "The Guerilla Artist". I haven't actually gotten around to purchasing it yet, but it sounds fantastic! It looks like it is meant to inspire you and give practical tips to "paint the very atmosphere". It's called "street art", and I've always been a big fan of it. Yes, some may call it graphitti, but I call it genius! They take ordinary walls, mailboxes, street markings, etc... and make them awesome! It's such an unexpected surprise that I dare liken it to random acts of kindness. Oh how wonderful it must be to be that artist, nd know you've brought a smile or chuckle to an otherwise glum day, whosever it may be. So yes, this is on my wishlist for sure. And if anyone buys it, please let me kow what you think of it! I'd also love to see what fantastic art you've been creating, whether it's street art or canvas art or a sketch or a fabulous recipe, or photography or a song or whatever! There are tons more ways you could create something, so if you're reading this I am speaking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...