Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Something Special


When I grow up,
Or maybe just right now,
I want to have that special something.

You know what I mean,
You've seen it before.
When someone loves without limits,
Instead of looking for the door.

When he smiles and he means it,
Or you never see her mope,
It's intriguing and it matters.
It brings others hope.

When I look in the mirror,
That's what I want to see.
I want to live fearlessly,
With my arms open wide,
Ready to catch any speck of good that comes my way.
And when I catch painful wounds in my hands,
I want to be strong enough to stand,
To fiercely determine to open again.
And when troubles pursue me,
Like thieves in the night,
I will never, ever let go of hope.

I want to be quick to forgive you,
Quick to reach to you,
Quick to go an extra two miles for you.
I want to steal away the burdens,
Leaving joy in it's place,
Turn that frown upside down,
On every possible face.

The shadows,
They'll run when they see me come near.
'Cause I'm leaning on God!
They have reason to fear!

I want to earn your trust,
And be ready to do my part.
Have the wisdom to wait,
And to know when to start.

I want to know the story,
Every story,
Behind every tired face,
I want to be there, when the world turns away.

Return slaps with hugs,
Tears with tissues,
Lies with truth.

I want to be able to honestly say,
I can laugh at the times to come!
'Cause I know if I fall,
My Lord will catch me.
If I cry,
My Lord will love me.
If I die,
My Lord will not hide
His tears of joy
When He runs to me and says,
"Welcome home! I missed you."
That is something pretty special.

*^this here is my attempt at spoken word poetry. Trust me, it sounds a lot better when it is performed. Haha, but if you want to see some real spoken word poetry, look up Sarah Kay on YouTube. Her stuff is amazing! Especially her, "If I Should Have a Daughter". She performs it during her TED talk. Very cool :) Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snNB1yS3IE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...